Metro Church of God has an exciting and vibrant ladies’ ministry catering to women of different ages. Current activities of the Metro Ladies’ Ministry include regular group prayer and Bible Study meetings in Mesquite, Rowlett, Garland, and Sunnyvale, special Bible study series and seminars both within the church and within the local community, and a quarterly women’s newsletter called LIFE (Ladies in Faith and Encouragement).
The main mission of our Ladies’ Ministry is to equip and mobilize women for service in the kingdom of God. We want to empower, strengthen, and encourage women to realize their full potential as a beautiful creation of God. We want to help women gain knowledge and understanding of God. We also want to provide opportunities for women to develop and utilize their unique, God-given gifts for the purpose of bringing other women into God’s kingdom.
- Promote the participation of women in service to God.
- Create opportunities where women can minister to other women in various facets of their lives.
- Establish a place of peace for women to retreat from their busy lives and have quiet time with God and engage in fellowship with other women believers.
- Help women start and maintain an effective prayer life.
- Provide resources such as written literature, testimonies, guest speakers, retreats, etc., that will help women to grow in all aspects of their lives, spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- Conduct at least one monthly meeting focused on Bible study, worship, prayer, and fellowship.
- Conduct an annual spiritual retreat for women.
- Develop opportunities for women to use their talents to help other women.